How to Choose the Hottest Boots for Winter
The biggest benefit of the winter cold is being able to pull those boots out of the back of your closet and parade them in front of everyone. This season there are more options than anything;
- Slouchy boots. I may as well start with my favorite. They look great in suede, with a heel for a more upscale look, or flat for easy walking.
- Booties. I wasn't sure that booties were going to be here to stay, but over time, they've grown on me. The oxford style this season are super cute, fun and a great way to spice up your winter wardrobe without forsaking.
- Rain boots. They're not just for five year olds anymore. Rain boots have come out in all kinds of styles, patterns and colors. A classic black, or Burberry patterned set work for a more mature outfit, or have fun with a kooky pair on a casual day. Kids have been selfish with puddles for far too long; go and grab your share! Put those boots to good use and get splashing.
- Rocker/motorcycle boots. This season - and who's kidding who? every season - is all about playing up the feminine ruffles, lace, curves, etc with more boyish. bad ass pieces. Even the daintiest of ladies have to admit, you get a rush when you pull on a hot pair of I-can-kick-your-butt boots. Plus, you can hide a nice, warm pair of fuzzy socks underneath, with no one the wiser.
- Boots with a fringe. The other day I was perusing a local shoe store and overheard a Mother telling her teenage daughter about how fringed boots had been popular when she was young. Not to be dismayed by this statement, the teenager grabbed the display boot, ooh-ing and ahh-ing her heart out. Rightfully so.
- Riding boots. The perennial fall favorite. These are picturesque with skinnies in a dark wash, stomping through autumn leaves. They will be stylish year in and year out.
When it comes to boots these cold winter, fall and spring seasons, the motto is this; pick your poison. There's something out there for everyone and tons of fab fun to be had finding that perfect pair.