Do You Have The Metrosexual Urge?
Gone are the days of plain John. Guys are now playing out with colourful wardrobes that used to be the zone only girls got license for. From top to bottom men are now enjoying attention for their hair dos with vivid cuts and hues down to their pairs of foot wears that has graduated from the black leather overused patterns.
Metrosexual is the fashion lingo that took form down the busy streets swarmed over by young professionals. It is where you put a guy who enjoys vanity in his regime more than some girls would put emphasis on their own looks. This type of guys holds value for slick appearance above everything else.
If you fit the description mentioned above then you could be joining the Metrosexual club. Better see the check list below to verify how you fare with this fashion tag.
1. Ordinary guys would not allow anyone to touch their hair. But when you visit the salon too often that you get a discount card plus availing their hair removal service instead of shaving your body and facial hair yourself then this Metrosexual point goes to you!
2. How fond are you with your feet? Is it your fetish like getting foot treatment to avoid calluses? Or are you as nit-picky as making sure your socks got your favourite label?
Beware, you are absolutely showing footy Metrosexual signs.
3. If you cannot bring a purse, wallet, or bag that does not bear a designer tag then you are displaying a Metrosexual symptom.
4. Well you should be proud of yourself if you know how to pair up the right colours for your clothes, belt, socks, and shoes but if it takes you hours in making up mind for a casual day-out then this qualifies as a Metrosexual attitude.
5. You have the tendency to be obsessive with hygiene that you floss more than once a day, use oil film, and even make sure that your nails are well-manicured, less the nail colour.
6. By the way you look you are not only getting the attention of girls but more so, of gays who would often try to hit on you.
7. The lifestyle that you have revolves on high-end places where you can also display and avail of designer stuff that you crave the most.
That was just some of the most prevalent signals that a guy has a Metrosexual urge. Did you do a mental check on most or all of the items? If you answer yes then you qualify as a Metrosexual guy.
Contrary to what others may think, a Metrosexual urge is not bad at all. In fact this is a good sign of acceptance of one’s self. Living the life that you want, wearing the clothes of your chosen designer, or signing up to a spa centre are even manifestations of how much you give value to your well-being.
The downside of Metrosexual behaviour is on spending too much time and money for the sake of vanity. If you have this urge then what you need to evaluate is how this lifestyle affects you over-all. Trying to look good without any contentment will not benefit you but might burn you out later on.
Now that you have some ideas on what makes you Metrosexual then it will be up to you to gain more self-control rather than leaning to this obsession with vanity.